This is my oh-so humble contribution to the blogosphere. My wife and I moved from West Texas to Waitakere New Zealand, because we were becoming content with the routine of life and that scared the Hell out of us. This blog updates friends and family at home. I also write what occurs to me when I feel like it. If it appears that the blog has Multiple Personality Disorder, it does. My wife and I both contribute.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunrise Over Auckland


I was up at 3:00 am the other morning, so I decided to go to Mount Eden (known to the Maori as Maungawhau). Here are the pictures from that early morning hike.

http://picasaweb.google.com/boots4walking/AucklandAtSunrise

3 Comments:

Blogger Cyndi Hughs said...

How beautiful!!! What time is the sunrise there? Is it cooler in the early morning? This is just breath-taking....and I love the juxtapostion of the city with the pastural cattle pic...how interesting!

1:28 PM

 
Blogger Brandon said...

Sunrise at 6:46 am. Between then and 3:00 am, I researched the best place to watch the sunrise, drove there, and hike to the top (because the road is closed from 11pm to 7am). I was the only person on the Mt. until a little before sunup when the runners started looping by.

1:34 PM

 
Blogger Cyndi Hughs said...

Well, I got up and went to work but it wasn't a total waste since I was on overtime!
BJ, you did a great job of choosing the right place-you have a good eye. I wish I had your artistic talents!

6:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home