This is my oh-so humble contribution to the blogosphere. My wife and I moved from West Texas to Waitakere New Zealand, because we were becoming content with the routine of life and that scared the Hell out of us. This blog updates friends and family at home. I also write what occurs to me when I feel like it. If it appears that the blog has Multiple Personality Disorder, it does. My wife and I both contribute.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Iced tea...ahhh (by mindy)

I almost feel like writing an ode to iced tea. I had forgotten what a wonderful, refreshing elixir of the God's that is tea. If you have read Brandon's blog below you know that we just about died from the heat today. We finally baled on the oven that is our house and found refuge in the air conditioned mall where we bought fans and bags of ice. My brilliant husband had the idea of making iced tea when we returned home. As soon as the cool drink hit my lips I was instantly at ease. Why these crazy people drink hot tea is beyond me. Sipping iced tea while wiping our brows soon had us reminiscing of days in Texas (and also wishing for a porch swing, a fan, and a beautiful West Texas Sunset). By the time the tea was finished I had a grocery list for what I needed to make chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, and fried okra and of course more iced tea. I can't wait for dinner tomorrow! Oh, and I also had a water ring on my shirt. Brandon noticed it and at first we were puzzled as to what it was and how it got there--Lately I'm coming up with all kinds of unexplainable stains on my shirts in the stomach area. But we finally realized what it was, actually Brandon caught me in the act. Sigh...it seems that my stomach is now protruding enough to make a nice little table for me to sit my drink on...and not even realize it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cyndi Hughs said...

How delicious....people up here don't understand the value of ice or ice tea either. I get cravings for ice. Of course it doesn't have the practical value. You really have my mouth watering over the chicken fried steak (gravy too?), fried okra, oh...and what about tomatoes, fried squash, black eyed peas and some good old corn bread!!!! OH, boy!!!! I am homesick now!!!!

3:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home