This is my oh-so humble contribution to the blogosphere. My wife and I moved from West Texas to Waitakere New Zealand, because we were becoming content with the routine of life and that scared the Hell out of us. This blog updates friends and family at home. I also write what occurs to me when I feel like it. If it appears that the blog has Multiple Personality Disorder, it does. My wife and I both contribute.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Survived the Glacier

We survived the Franz Josef Glacier hike. It was amazing! The turquoise blue of the glacial ice and the brown of the terminal moraine were really cool together. The crevices, sheer drop-offs, etc, etc.



We are now in the most amazing place I have EVER seen. Like most of the South Island, the scale is indescribable, but it is even more expansive here. It is called Milford Sound and is in Fjordland, New Zealand. There is really nothing here except for unspoiled beauty and SLOW internet.

We are going on a cruise of the Sound tomorrow and will blog more when we find faster, cheaper internet. We do have pictures (none of which really does justice to what we have seen), but are having trouble finding a place to upload them. I have provided some links above though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cyndi Hughs said...

Thank goodness-I had started to think they fell into a crevice. Nice to hear from you guys! Will be looking forward to hearing more when you find faster, cheaper internet.

3:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home