This is my oh-so humble contribution to the blogosphere. My wife and I moved from West Texas to Waitakere New Zealand, because we were becoming content with the routine of life and that scared the Hell out of us. This blog updates friends and family at home. I also write what occurs to me when I feel like it. If it appears that the blog has Multiple Personality Disorder, it does. My wife and I both contribute.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Two Weeks in a Tuna Can with My Pregnant Wife

Guys, Mindy and I are headed out tomorrow for a "holiday" on the South Island of New Zealand. We are doing this "babymoon" on the cheap. We are flying to Christchurch, where we are renting a campervan, which will serve as our residence for 13 (should I be worried about the number?) days.



Mindy is already generating enough heat to power Seuss' Who Village for a fortnight. I am worried about her melting the interior of the campervan, so I sprung for the insurance. Me? I will be sleeping on the roof.

Internet in Auckland is a joke. I can't even imagine what it will be like on the sparsely-populated South Island. So, this probably means no updates or photos until we return.

For the geographically-challenged among you, here is a map of New Zealand for reference. Don't feel bad. I noticed that the World Map in the Auckland Airport doesn't even have New Zealand on it. Apparently we are in "the crease." After all, the whole country (both islands) is a third the size of Texas.

1 Comments:

Blogger kiwichick said...

Forget the heat, where's the fridge!!! B may come back missing some limbs :)

5:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home