This is my oh-so humble contribution to the blogosphere. My wife and I moved from West Texas to Waitakere New Zealand, because we were becoming content with the routine of life and that scared the Hell out of us. This blog updates friends and family at home. I also write what occurs to me when I feel like it. If it appears that the blog has Multiple Personality Disorder, it does. My wife and I both contribute.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Terrorists in New Zealand

Well, no country is safe. Tonights main story in the news was about police enforcing anti-terrorism laws for the first time to raid "guerilla-style" camps in the forests of some remote regions on the North Island. It is reported that "ten's" of people were involved in these camps. They were found to have goggles, paratrooper-style backpacks, camo clothing, ski masks, napalm, malatov bombs, and I think maybe even some guns. The "ten's" of people were Maori activists believed to be planning a Maori uprising for complete independence. The towns around these camps (imagine Trent) were abuzz because the Armed Forces Unit set up road blocks and searched cars and even a school bus! They town's people could not believe they brandished their weapons in front of the children and families. See the New Zealand Herald for pictures and more on the story. You might also be able to see some news clips as well.

I'm concerned that Brandon may be involved. He has some pretty impressive backpacks and camo clothes. Actually, Zane has camo clothes too! I hope they don't get arrested!!

1 Comments:

Blogger DogGoneMsJane said...

Watch out and don't let them be arrested! Lynette and I were worrying about Brandon moving to Dubai anyway after watching 60 minutes last night. We were reminded that it is not a democracy and there isn't freedom of speech. I am afraid he might disappear some night after one of his altercations like the one on the train with the ticket taker man. I don't know if you should move to not a free speach place....=)

10:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home