This is my oh-so humble contribution to the blogosphere. My wife and I moved from West Texas to Waitakere New Zealand, because we were becoming content with the routine of life and that scared the Hell out of us. This blog updates friends and family at home. I also write what occurs to me when I feel like it. If it appears that the blog has Multiple Personality Disorder, it does. My wife and I both contribute.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Beach Scenes

Here are some of the long-awaited beach pictures:First, is one of my favorites--it made me feel close to home. We watched as a John Deer tractor lumbered its way down to the water's edge, hooked onto a boat that had just landed and pulled it up to the shore. And we thought that only Texas had red-necks!

.
I loved the color of the pier, and it just happens to be the color I'm doing in the bathroom, so it worked out lovely that I was walking with an up-and-coming photographer.

This is one of the crazy starfish we spoke of in an earlier blog. There were millions of them all over, ranging from the size of my thumbnail to just a bit larger than this one.

In this picture, my up-and-coming photographer was capturing how the beach was so rocky and full of shells. It sounded like we were walking over shattered glass and we felt terrible for the damage we were causing to the shells (and some, still very alive, shellfish). We quickly lit onto the rocks and made a game out of leaping down the shore from stone to stone
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home