This is my oh-so humble contribution to the blogosphere. My wife and I moved from West Texas to Waitakere New Zealand, because we were becoming content with the routine of life and that scared the Hell out of us. This blog updates friends and family at home. I also write what occurs to me when I feel like it. If it appears that the blog has Multiple Personality Disorder, it does. My wife and I both contribute.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Food for thought:

I am really enjoying our new mixed roles of me bringing home the bacon and Brandon being a house husband. My job is going really well and as Brandon has mentioned I have several opportunities a day to munch and dine on home cooked meals and snacks. With no television, sun setting by 5:30 and the “all purpose” room, as Brandon has named it, being the only warm place at night, we spend great lengths of time planning the next days menu. As you may have already read, I started my day with eggs, toast and a banana. For morning tea I had Milo (a hot beverage that tastes like hot cocoa if you add enough sugar and milk) and a homemade “cave cookie”. For lunch I dined on a PBJ toasty (toasted in the sandwich toaster at school), a banana and some more cave cookie. Someone brought in some chocolate eggs for afternoon tea, so I saved that snack for my ride home. I was greeted at the door with the smell of Kumara soup and fresh baked scones. They were both so tasteful that I am requesting them for various snacks and meals tomorrow. In the past few days I’ve dined on Chicken Cordonblue (no idea how to spell that!), Vegetable soup, which later become fish soup, and countless fruits and veggies that have been chopped or sliced into a beautiful presentation. I’ve gotten to be the talk of the staff room with all of my little plastic containers filled with goodies. (Ironically, they recently had an SLT from the states and her husband stayed home as a house husband, too, and packed her lunch with lots of goodies, and her name was Lindy!). However, if I don’t get to running up the side of this mountain on a regular basis things could get pretty scary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home