This is my oh-so humble contribution to the blogosphere. My wife and I moved from West Texas to Waitakere New Zealand, because we were becoming content with the routine of life and that scared the Hell out of us. This blog updates friends and family at home. I also write what occurs to me when I feel like it. If it appears that the blog has Multiple Personality Disorder, it does. My wife and I both contribute.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Spring has Sprung (by Mindy)

Clad in our shorts and t-shirts we set off to climb the mountain to the villiage for market day. The sun was shining warm on our skin and there wasn't a cloud in sight. We had to pause at the bottom of our drive for a mother duck and her seven little ducklings to cross. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. The babies were scattered all around taking their time and checking things out until they all spotted us. The mother paused for a second and they all sprinted to the other side of her and she ushered them off of the street. It is not unusual for me to have to stop and let the adult ducks cross in the mornings on my way to work. I may never get to work now if I have to wait for all these babies to get across!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home