This is my oh-so humble contribution to the blogosphere. My wife and I moved from West Texas to Waitakere New Zealand, because we were becoming content with the routine of life and that scared the Hell out of us. This blog updates friends and family at home. I also write what occurs to me when I feel like it. If it appears that the blog has Multiple Personality Disorder, it does. My wife and I both contribute.

Monday, August 14, 2006

What did you say?

I’m writing this using the dictation software supplied with Microsoft office. So far, the results have been anything but spectacular. The transcription of this infernal machine borders on gibberish. How can one expect to have an accurate dictation if he can’t trust them what he says will be recorded in some semblance of a recognizable text question

I just reviewed the previous paragraph, and it’s not bad. There are some extra words and some used words, but overall you get point, right? I’m sure in your reviewing this, you’re encountering some problems with communication. You’re no doubt seeing that there are some strange words and wondering whether or not those are the words that I intended to write. While my writing does pull border on the strange, many of these anomalies are caused by the imagination, or at least lack of understanding, of this infernal machine.

I will admit that line on my couch and speaking into the air is a convenience that I have amassed since my days at the main man law firm. I have discovered that I’m actually a much better writer in a world that they shouldn’t versus longhand, Lori even typed, text. After having done some research as to why this is, I discovered that auditory learners ten to write better indication, whereas visual learners tend to write better in longhand.

I am trying to decide whether this “free” program that comes with Microsoft office will suffice, or whether I need to purchase dragon naturally speaking, which appears to be the industry leader in this area. So far, I am satisfied, but not ecstatic, with the results from Microsoft.

If you do a search on the Internet four windows this done and voice recognition, you will no doubt find the major disaster demonstration that occur to a couple of weeks ago. This demonstration of the new Microsoft windows vista took place at Microsoft headquarters and was recorded “live.” The software failed to recognize what the presenter was saying. It didn’t even get close. I’m having much better results from this “earlier version” of Microsoft’s voice recognition software.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home