This is my oh-so humble contribution to the blogosphere. My wife and I moved from West Texas to Waitakere New Zealand, because we were becoming content with the routine of life and that scared the Hell out of us. This blog updates friends and family at home. I also write what occurs to me when I feel like it. If it appears that the blog has Multiple Personality Disorder, it does. My wife and I both contribute.

Friday, August 18, 2006

McGuiver Mindy

My sweet protective husband left the house while I was out running and very carefully locked the door. Unfortunately, he didn't hide a key for me, so I had to get a little creative :) Our door has cat door in it which, quite frankly, was MUCH too easy to get open. I tried throwing things around the door knob to get it open but that didn't work. I spied my purse about 6 feet away in a chair and was pretty sure my keys were in it. I went out and found a bamboo stick long enough to stick through the strap of my purse. I sat with my arm through the cat door as far in as I could get it, which meant having my face smashed against the outside, trying to pull my purse off until I thought my arm was going to fall. I decided I needed more torque so I went and rummaged through our recycling bend and found a milk carton. I tied it on to my stick using my earphones from my iPod. I tried several times and was about to give that up when I got my contraption tangled up in a box under the chair. I ended up pulling out a joy stick that had come in a box of "sundry" from the auction. I pulled my prize out through the cat door and decided it would be a much better hook. I tied it on, hooked my purse strap and on the second attempt pulled it off and to the door, extracted my keys and was inside the house. This ALL took less than 20 minutes (and that includes me stomping my feet at the locked door and trying every door and window of the house and then stomping my feet some more and maybe saying some things about my silly husband). Dad would have been so impressed with my ingenuity :)

1 Comments:

Blogger kiwichick said...

I think I just laughed so loud I might have woken Brandon! THAT is the funniest thing I've read in a long time! Don't tell your family, they'll start trying to find you a home :)~

9:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home