This is my oh-so humble contribution to the blogosphere. My wife and I moved from West Texas to Waitakere New Zealand, because we were becoming content with the routine of life and that scared the Hell out of us. This blog updates friends and family at home. I also write what occurs to me when I feel like it. If it appears that the blog has Multiple Personality Disorder, it does. My wife and I both contribute.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Birthday celebrations

I finally did it! I figured out how to get people to celebrate my birthday for days--now you know the real reason we moved to New Zealand :) I had a very good New Zealand birthday (despite having to go to work). Brandon baked a delicious meal of Orange Chicken and rice for dinner and chocolate cupcakes. He surpised me with a framed photo of our babies! I have it sitting on my desk at work and people can't help but ooh and ahh over their cuteness. My US birthday brought my first NZ paycheck and several early phone calls. It seems my sweet, dear husband told well-wishers to call me b/f work, which he thought was around noon Texas time, but is actually 5 am here. So thanks to all those who left messages-I don't wake up till 7! Actually my entire birthday week has been good. Yesterday we finally found a tv and today I received a phone call telling me my boots could be picked up tomorrow. So another birthday month has come and gone and we can pack away the party hats once more :) I included pictures of all the really important stuff--the food!



Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Baby spinach. Last night we tried silver beet, which was a very tasty green.

9:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home