This is my oh-so humble contribution to the blogosphere. My wife and I moved from West Texas to Waitakere New Zealand, because we were becoming content with the routine of life and that scared the Hell out of us. This blog updates friends and family at home. I also write what occurs to me when I feel like it. If it appears that the blog has Multiple Personality Disorder, it does. My wife and I both contribute.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

A little info (by Mindy)

Hey all!! We are having so much fun setting up our new little house. We've been to auctions and flea markets and resale stores galore and have come up with the most interesting stuff. We have complete details on our auction to be posted here but we can't seem to get the thumb key and a computer together at the same time! Today we woke at the crack of dawn to go find prizes at a flea market. It was a cool and rainy so the people were willing to make great deals. We purchased a vacuum and 2 heaters for all together $100. B also found a shaver for his head--he's plum wooly! We also got a few things just for fun--including a beautiful thick Rimu (?) wood cutting board. We have several purchases coming in on Trademe (like e-bay)--we are hoping that our shopping excitement hasn't exceeded the size of our little home! We've decided if worse comes to worse we will just resale on Trademe! As soon as we get everything set up we will take pictures and post them.
The weather has been cool and very rainy. It seems to rain inches every day and I have yet to see a puddle! I have no idea where it all goes, but I'm dying to get a rain gauge! There is almost always a rainbow in the sky too. They are huge and very bright--we have yet to stop being amazed by their beauty.
We are working hard to get internet so we can start skyping, but their internet deals are quite strange. First, all of the internet runs through the phone lines (except maybe one company, but we don't think service is available in our area). Next, you have to purchase per megabytes and we have no idea how many megabytes Skyping will use. Don't worry though, we will get this figured out and having skyping capabilities it just may not be as frequently as we anticipated. I am definitely going to have to be able to call people or I'm afraid I'll get way homesick! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home