This is my oh-so humble contribution to the blogosphere. My wife and I moved from West Texas to Waitakere New Zealand, because we were becoming content with the routine of life and that scared the Hell out of us. This blog updates friends and family at home. I also write what occurs to me when I feel like it. If it appears that the blog has Multiple Personality Disorder, it does. My wife and I both contribute.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Somewhere Over the Pacific -- Mindy's Version

[Mindy has decided to add her 2 cents in italics. Here is her first post. -- BJL]

After much partying, gifts, and long farewells, Brandon and I are on our way! For those of you who don’t know…where have you been?

Ellis Island – What? Yes, the cushy airplane seats, private TV monitors in which we can chose movies, TV shows, or video games as entertainment; soft blankets, pillows, and when all of that is just too much the quick swallow of an Ambien to quiet out the world and slip into sweet slumber is definitely not as poetic as death-trap boats entering Ellis Island, but it is something we can call our own. There was also the sweetest beagle pup smelling out smugglers.

I am not near as worried about you reading this or not. I don’t intend to put a web counter on this sight so for all I know you all are not only staying up to date with what is going on in our lives, but are also waiting breathlessly for the next chapter (I sincerely hope our blogging doesn’t effect any of your work days or cause you to stay home unnecessarily from a fun event in hopes of reading more about our adventures).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home