This is my oh-so humble contribution to the blogosphere. My wife and I moved from West Texas to Waitakere New Zealand, because we were becoming content with the routine of life and that scared the Hell out of us. This blog updates friends and family at home. I also write what occurs to me when I feel like it. If it appears that the blog has Multiple Personality Disorder, it does. My wife and I both contribute.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Fairy Falls

It was a beautiful sunny day here in NZ. So, after a walk to the Village for breakfast at the Hardware (and a nap to digest), we loaded up for a hike at Fairy Falls. We live adjacent to the Waitakere Ranges Regional Park, which is a huge native area with an intricate system of trails.

The hike was rated "moderate," but seemed strenuous to me at times. Unlike many of the trails we have been on in the States, the trails here are rugged, requiring sturdy footwear and a sense of adventure. I guess, that is because there is no fear of litigation here.

We took two trails to get to the falls then back to the car. Mindy wants you to know that we had to cross several streams along the way and both inescapably ended up with wet feet.

"Fairy Falls" is actually a series of several falls, each with a ten to twenty feet drop. Here are some pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/boots4walking

2 Comments:

Blogger Cyndi Hughs said...

Beautiful!!! Nice picture of the two of you. Wow, summer...I had to make the picture of the two of you my desktop so I could see your faces and so I could imagine I was warm!

5:39 AM

 
Blogger kiwichick said...

I think you can make it! There are lots of beautiful places to stop and rest and eat an orange and look at the view :)

10:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home